Find details of patents worldwide to:
- check if a similar patent to your invention already exists
- track the progress of a patent application
- see if patents are available to license
Search patents worldwide
Use Espacenet to check for registered patents worldwide.
The database includes UK patents and details about:
- filed documents
- countries where the patent applies
Search UK patents
Search for information (including submitted documents) on UK patents using the Intellectual Property Office’s:
You can also search for supplementary protection certificates by their number.
There are separate lists for:
- published Green Channel patent applications
- patents with a licence of right that you can license to use
- patents not in force, eg because they’ve expired or have been withdrawn
Check the patents journal
The patents journal contains details of new UK patent applications and changes to the register.